Summer is the time of year that is conducive to eating outdoors together. Picnics in parks, forests or meadows are a great way to have a nice time and socialize with friends. We have prepared a handful of simple recipes for snacks that will taste delicious during the summer feast.
What dishes to prepare for a picnic?
When preparing the menu for a picnic outing, it is worth taking into account first of all the taste and flavor of the participants. However, it is best to choose ingredients that do not melt and do not stick. Also avoid taking with you dishes that are very cold or very hot. Let’s prepare meals and snacks at home, as cooking from semi-finished products in nature can be a bit problematic.
Minitortillas with salmon – recipe
- 4 wheat tortillas,
- 100 g of feta cheese,
- 100 g of horseradish-flavored sandwich cheese,
- 1 teaspoon grated horseradish,
- 200 g of cold smoked salmon,
- a few lettuce leaves,
- a handful of arugula,
- a handful of dill,
- a handful of chives,
Crush feta cheese with a fork and mix it with sandwich cheese and horseradish. Spread the ready mixture on the pancakes. Put salmon, chives, dill and arugula, then add lettuce leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
Wrap the tortilla and cut into smaller pieces. Stick a small plastic fork or toothpick into each one so the tortillas don’t fall apart.
Cheese board – recipe
- several types of cheese, such as: cheddar, parmesan, goat cheese, gorgonzola,
- several types of cold cuts and sausages, e.g.: salami, chorizo, Parma ham, cabanos,
- salty snacks, such as pretzels,
- light and dark grapes,
- an apple cut into smaller pieces,
- pear cut into smaller pieces,
Arrange pieces of cheese, cold cuts and sausages and sliced bread on the board. Fill the empty spaces with the rest of the ingredients.
Pasta salad with spinach and cherry tomatoes – recipe
- 200 g of pasta,
- 100 g of fresh spinach,
- 250 g of cherry tomatoes,
- 1 shallot onion,
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice,
- 1 teaspoon of honey,
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed through a press,
Mix together the cooked pasta, spinach, tomatoes cut into quarters and chopped onion.
Prepare the sauce. Mix together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add it to the rest of the salad.
Cheese appetizers – recipe
- 200 g of gorgonzola cheese,
- 100 g of walnuts,
- 200 g of grapes.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and arrange on a plate. Put one nut and a grape on each piece. Connect the whole thing with a toothpick.
Pizza muffins – recipe
- 200 g wheat flour,
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder,
- 2 eggs,
- ½ cup of oil,
- ½ cup of milk,
- 125 g mozzarella cheese,
- 100 g ham,
- ½ bell pepper,
- a few cherry tomatoes,
Mix flour, baking powder and spices in a bowl. Pour oil, eggs and milk into another bowl. Mix with a whisk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and combine until smooth. Add grated mozzarella, diced peppers and ham cut into thin strips.
Line a muffin pan with papillote pans. Pour batter into each one and arrange three quarters of cherry tomatoes. Bake for 25 minutes at 180°C.
main photo: unsplash.com/Evangelina Silina