Until recently, these hats were reserved for fishermen or associated with rap album covers from the 90s. Today, bucket hats are back in a completely new form, becoming an absolute trend. Celebrities and influencers are also showing off their bucket hats. Gigi Hadid and Emily Ratajkowski, among others, fell in love with them. Would you like to have this accessory in your closet? Check out how to make one yourself
- About half a running meter of fabric (0.5 m x 1.5 m) – it must have the right thickness, all flowy fabrics are out. Choose thick linen or cotton, denim, corduroy and other similar materials.
- Fabric shears
- Thread of color matching the fabric
- Sewing machine
- Printed out or traced pattern for cutting
- Iron (for possible ironing the elements during sewing)
- Embellishments as you like: needle and thread of a chosen color, ribbon, sequins, pearls, crystals
Below you will find step by step instructions on how to sew a simple bucket hat. You can also embroider the finished hat to give it your own individual style. Embroider on it the text or pattern of your choice using a needle and thread of any color. Trim the brim with decorative ribbon for a classy finish. Decorate your bucket hat with sequins, pearls or rhinestones – who says the hat has to be plain?
Step-by-step instructions in video form:
Read also: New trend: scarves tied on the head – we suggest how to wear them stylishly
Main Photo: Streetstyleshooters/ German Select/ Getty Images